Many families face the decision about whether or not to invest in braces for kids at some point. This investment often happens when children are older, around 11 or into their teens. This age may be the ideal time to consider the value of braces, especially when it could mean improved dental health. Today, there are many options, including traditional braces and clear aligners. The question is, are braces necessary for your child? To find out, set up a consultation with our team at Lovett Dental Kohrville by calling 832-843-6776 to learn more.
When Should You Think About Pediatric Braces?
Braces for kids of any age should be something you consider with the help of your family or pediatric dentist. This treatment is not something that is often used during early life, but rather when your child’s teeth have come in more fully. There are some situations where braces can be very beneficial. That includes when you see signs of these conditions:
- Tooth crowding, when the teeth are located too close to each other
- Overbites or underbites, when the teeth do not align appropriately with one set protruding over the other
- Crossbites when the upper teeth are behind the lower teeth
- Spacing problems including gapping
- Misplaced midlines when the center of the lower teeth do not align with those in the upper row of teeth
There are other situations when they can be helpful as well. During a consultation with your orthodontist, you’ll learn more about these benefits.
Key Benefits of Dental Braces for Kids
Deciding to invest in braces requires understanding the potential benefits you’ll see. Some of the most common benefits people see may include:
- Prevention of dental problems: When poor alignment is present, it is often more challenging to clean your teeth. It may lead to an increased risk of early tooth decay, gingivitis, and bone loss. Braces help to alleviate this concern.
- Improved self-confidence: When a child has misaligned teeth, it may impact their self-confidence if they are conscious of it or have been made fun of as a result of it. While this may not seem important, it can be an added benefit for many that impact them for the rest of their lives.
- Improved chewing: Another critical benefit to braces is that they enable better chewing ability. They can bite better. They can chew their food more thoroughly. That can lead to better digestion and help a child to eat a more extensive range of foods.
If you have any questions about the benefits of braces, please contact Lovett Dental Kohrville today at 832-843-6776.
Invest in a Consultation at Lovett Dental Kohrville
When you meet with our team at Lovett Dental Kohrville, we’ll discuss all of the options available to you in braces. Traditional braces are an option and more affordable for some. Other options, including clear aligners, may also help your child see improvements sooner without all of the painful adjustments of other products.
Most importantly, our team wants you to know we’re committed to your child’s overall oral health needs. That means that we can provide for most of their needs in our office through our comprehensive pediatric dentistry. Come in and work with us now to help ensure your child’s dental health needs are always met. We offer services such as the following:
- General dentistry services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Tooth extraction services
- Dental cleanings and x-rays
Take the time to set up a consultation with our orthodontists to find out what braces for kids can offer to your child. Our team does not pressure you into making a decision but will provide you with all of the potential benefits and expectations possible. To get started, call Lovett Dental Kohrville now at 832-843-6776 or connect with us online for a consultation.