Here at Lovett Dental Kohrville, we find that many people only come in when they are experiencing pain in a tooth. Emergency dental services are popular because many people fear dentists. This causes them to continually put off teeth cleaning and dental exams. This ends up causing more problems and ends up creating more bad associations with dentists. We like to see people who start bringing their children early for regular teeth cleaning at Lovett Dental Kohrville. Regular teeth cleaning and dental exams are the first steps in a lifelong healthy dental practice.
The Benefits of Teeth Cleaning
There are several benefits that regular teeth cleaning at Lovett Dental Kohrville offers you. Among the many benefits of regular teeth cleaning are:
- Cavity prevention
- Prevents the loss of teeth
- Brightens your smile
- Freshens your breath
- Improves overall health
- Saves you money
Studies have connected the plaque that is present on teeth to the plaque that clogs your arteries. General doctors will regularly suggest you have a heart test if you show poor dental health. When you get teeth cleaning at Lovett Dental Kohrville, a dentist may notice an extra amount of plaque. If so, they will often suggest you ask your family doctor for a heart test.
The main reason for requesting cosmetic dental services is to help improve a person’s self-esteem. Teeth cleaning services have been shown to freshen your breath, brighten your smile, and keep your teeth healthier and stronger for a longer period of time. The healthier you can keep your teeth, the less money you will need to spend on things like fillings and crowns.
The Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Fear of the dentist most often comes from fear. Fear can be present because you don’t know what will take place. It can also be present because you fear procedures will be painful. The tooth cleaning procedure does not have to be painful, and it is done quickly if you practice good dental hygiene between visits. The general procedure goes something like this:
- The dentist does an exam of your teeth, mouth, and gums to make sure it is safe to proceed. If there is some type of infection, you may have to return once the infection is clear.
- Plaque and tartar are removed. You’ll hear and feel a bit of scraping, but this won’t hurt. If you regularly brush and floss, there should be little scraping involved.
- Next, the dentist will use an electric brush and coarse toothpaste in order to deep clean your teeth. This will also help remove stains from coffee and nicotine. This grainy toothpaste is safe to use once or twice a year but would damage your teeth if you used it regularly.
- Professional flossing comes next. This flossing will get areas that you have trouble reaching when you’re at home. It will also remove any plaque and tartar that were left earlier in the cleaning process. Your dentist will also be able to detect any bleeding in your gums at this time.
- Finally, the dentist will rinse your mouth out to remove any lasting particles that have been removed from your teeth.
Many times your dentist will perform one final step. You will be asked to bite down on a plastic mouthpiece filled with a fluoride treatment. This gel will harden into a protective coating for your teeth.
Learn More at Lovett Dental Kohrville Today
For teeth cleaning in the Houston area, people often turn to Lovett Dental. Our knowledgeable dentists not only clean the teeth of everyone in your family, but we also offer other general dentist services and specialized services such as:
Give us a call today at 832-843-6776 or contact us online for teeth cleaning at Lovett Dental Kohrville, and let us show you that a visit to the dentist doesn’t have to be something you dread.